MexiPass is about knowledge, stability and experience.
Who is MexiPass?
MexiPass is a Managing General Agent and Underwriting Manager for international insurance products related to the needs of American and other Foreign Nationals for their personal and business insurance protection in Mexico and other foreign countries.
MexiPass offers its products and services through an extensive network of Licensed Insurance Professionals appointed as MexiPass Producers in all states in the USA and Canadian Provinces as well as Insurance Professionals appointed as MexiPass Representatives in Mexico.
MexiPass products include personal insurance programs for automobiles, boats, homes and family protection for American residents abroad; as well as comprehensive business and commercial insurance solutions for the property, liability and automobile risks of American entities operating in Mexico and other foreign countries.
MexiPass Responds to a Need
In 1987, when trying to place Mexican insurance for their clients, Jorge and Alfredo Cacho-Sousa, principals of MexiPass, realized the limitations for small or mid-size insurance agencies in accessing the international insurance Market. Except for the few large brokerage firms with international departments, independent insurance producers in the USA did not have an effective and efficient way to place Mexican insurance for their clients.
There was a clear gap that needed to be filled.
MexiPass was founded in California in 1989 to provide International and Mexican insurance and Risk Management services to all independent insurance producers in the United States of America and Canada. Since 2015, with our office located in Mexico City, we can also offer the same products to all independent insurance producers in Mexico.
MexiPass has since been the leading Managing General Agent for independent insurance agents and brokers looking to provide quality international insurance services to their clientele.
The Mission of MexiPass is to be the leading provider of quality Mexican insurance and other international insurance and risk management services for independent insurance producers.
To accomplish our Mission, we will abide by the following principles:
- MexiPass will appoint and make its products available to any licensed insurance producer, regardless of size.
- MexiPass will establish and maintain professional relationships with the international insurance community.
- MexiPass will develop and manage quality international insurance products and programs.
- MexiPass will seek the best available products, services & pricing for clients of its producers.
- MexiPass will seek the best possible compensation and commissions for its producers.
- MexiPass will only place insurance with solid and reputable insurance carriers.
- MexiPass will not require any premium volume commitment from its producers.
The Goals of MexiPass Are:
- That MexiPass producers take advantage of the opportunities available in international insurance and convert them into a profitable source of business and revenue.
- That MexiPass producers never lose any business to others because of not being able to handle international exposures for their clients.
- That our producers use MexiPass as their own international insurance department.
The MexiPass Difference
MexiPass revolutionized the way that Americans buy insurance for Mexico and the quality of coverage that they receive. Before MexiPass, Mexican insurance was only available through a few suppliers at the border or in Mexico who sold policies that were not suited specifically to the needs of Americans. Americans had to buy their policies at the last minute and had no way of knowing what kind of coverage they were paying for.
MexiPass was created to allow independent insurance agents all over the country to handle the Mexican insurance needs of their clients with exclusive MexiPass policies that are specifically developed to meet American insurance standards. MexiPass producers can place international insurance for their clients whenever the need arrives without any premium volume commitment.
MexiPass has a wide array of products that include personal insurance programs for automobiles, homes and family protection; as well as comprehensive business insurance solutions for the property, liability and automobile risks of American entities operating in Mexico and other foreign countries.
MexiPass is Mexican Insurance... the American Way!®
At MexiPass we are very selective about the insurance companies we represent. We will only place business through insurance carriers with:
- Superior Financial Strength
- Proven Reputation
- True International Experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide the level of service expected by our producers for their clients
MexiPass maintains a long-lasting General Agency and Underwriting Management Agreement with AIG-Mexico, as well as very solid relationships with AIG, CHUBB, SURA and other leading international insurance underwriters.
Through years of building relationships and trust with our carriers, MexiPass has been able to negotiate and secure conditions that very closely resemble the coverage levels and standards available in the US market.